I spontaneously wanted to wear red nail polish today. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea. I have probably 20 pinks/reds but I wear them maybe once a month, but I can’t bear to part with most of them! I think red nail polish just makes me think of being a mom too much, which is a thought that terrifies me!!
So to break up the red, “Mom” feeling, I decided to do something fun. A blog I follow was doing a Christmas in July nail art contest and another was doing a season-inspired contest (I think a mish-mash of winter and summer counts!) and so I got my creative gears goin’. Here’s what I came up with:
And descriptions of my inspiration for each nail:
* The tinsel that continues to clog up the vacuum every. Single. Time.
* The glitter. Oh god, the glitter. Why does it never come off?!
* The Christmas tree you’ve been meaning to take down since January but have never quite gotten to.
* The re-gifted present that you can’t for the life of you imagine why Great Aunt Ethel thought you’d like it.
* The final credit card payment for your extravagant Christmas…just in time to start buying for this year!
This was tons of fun to do and I’m really glad I took the dive and participated. I generally don’t like Christmas-y stuff, but this was fun enough to make up for it! 😉
- CoverGirl Cherry Brandy
- Love & Beauty silver glitter
- Wild n Crazy Pierre
- NYC Bryant Park
- ManGlaze Santorum
- LA Colors silver striper
- Orly Lucky Duck
- Sally Hansen Green with Envy
- China Glaze Twinkle Lights
- striping tape